Indie Game Booths: Everything you wanted to know but were afraid to ask

Monetization models, best practices, marketing, branding, SEO, social media, and funding.
ThomasH
Area of Focus: Design, Business

Indie Game Booths: Everything you wanted to know but were afraid to ask

Postby ThomasH » Thu May 26, 2016 11:20 am

I have two shows coming up for my game and I'm madly trying to figure out how to organize my 10x10 space, what to do, what not to do, costs involved, and all the unknowns that will crop up.

Enter IndieBoothCraft.
http://indieboothcraft.com/showcase/

It's a website put together by indies for indies on what works and what doesn't, based on personal experiences. Includes copious photos, hints, lessons learned, packing lists, etc.

Let's try and keep this thread going by posting your lessons learned when making a booth to show off your game!

Jon_Collins

Re: Indie Game Booths: Everything you wanted to know but were afraid to ask

Postby Jon_Collins » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:05 pm

Here's my light weight comment....
I recently commented on the FB groups about our vertical banner, and we loved it, it did a fantastic job and we'll be using it again (maybe) and again.
We did hit a problem with the vertical banner stand, I opted for a cheap one (was pleased with it mostly) it did the job.

http://www.amazon.com/Economy-Adjustable-Height-Retractable-Telescopic/dp/B00OXTKW52/ref=sr_1_1?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1465092102&sr=1-1&keywords=Economy+32x79%22+Adjustable+Height+Retractable+Roll+up

The problem is/was that the stand has now fallen down in various ways several times and managed to crease up our banner probably beyond repair.

The first time the top of the banner became un-cliped from the vertical post that supported it (because it wasn't very secure by design) so thinking it was my mistake I tried again and again it did the same thing.

So I drilled a hole at the top of the post and the top metal bar to secure the top of the banner, this worked.

However this final time my taping of the banner wasn't good enough :(

So moral of this story is be v. careful not to wreck your costly (well it wasn't actually too costly) beautiful banner by using cheap stands, or taking risks with tape.

Return to “Business & Marketing Channel”